Sunday, December 28, 2014

Austria Film - The Counterfeiters / Die Fälscher (2007)





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813547/

The Counterfeiters / Die Fälscher (2007) is a well made historical drama set in the dark days of Nazi Germany.  This film is "based upon a true story" which always means they take some liberties with the historical record but as long as they keep to the spirit of the story I'm fine with that.  Film is film and isn't supposed to be a one-to-one translation of any work, weather real-life or fictional.

I love films that put me inside of a world I'm not familiar with and this film does just that.  I felt like it showed a believable Nazi counterfeiting organization filled with characters I could care about about.  Well acted, directed and written the film isn't exactly "fun" (what film set in Nazi Germany is?) but it is worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment